Wednesday 2 October 2013

Inspired by Alec Couros - Leading a Learning Culture

Today I was very fortunate to have been a participant in Peel's MFO Leadership Launch.


I'd had a tough few days and I almost didn't get there, but when it was over, I felt energized. On the drive home I wondered what exactly had inspired this renewed sense of excitement about teaching and learning.

Was it the energy in the room? Was it getting the chance to meet Carla Pereira and others who I've only ever 'met' online before this? Was it catching up with colleagues I've worked with in the past and meeting new ones? Was it because I'm part of a phenomenal school board?

Yes to all of the above! But it was more than that.

Alec Couros is an engaging speaker whose warmth and humour captivates everyone.  It wouldn't matter if a participant was already a Connected Educator with a huge PLN or if they had never heard of a hashtag before, because Alec, like every great teacher, provided a safe environment with multiple entry points.

Alec Couros inspired me to think further about the possibilities that connection allows us.

I'm going to keep thinking and will post again tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for your kind comments. I really appreciate your warm words. Let me know if you ever need anything in the future - I'm always happy to help keep the ideas flowing into action. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your response! It has been a few days and I'm still thinking about, and talking with people about your presentation. It makes me wonder how many of my 'lesson's' are thought about and talked about days later....I've got some work to do!

      Delete